Creating the Future's
Monday, August 9th, from 10am - 12pm Pacific time
Integrity in Resourcing our Work
Watch the meeting LIVE at this post. Just scroll to the very bottom of the page.
Details about how to participate are below.
Applying the Integrity Lens to Resourcing:
At our August meeting, our Integrity Body (known in most organizations as the board) will dive into one of the biggest tests of any organization: Holding close to our values while resourcing our work.
At our last meeting, the board reviewed plans for a new program that will considerably scale Creating the Future's impact - stepping from "experimenting as a way of being," to creating individual programs so that people can experiment alongside us. Per our decision back in May, to use the questions of Catalytic Thinking to determine if a program aligned with our values, we did just that - reviewed the program through that lens.
From that discussion, it became clear that a condition for the success of that program will be growing our staff team. From there, two items stood out for further discussion:
- Resourcing our work, including this new program
- Succession planning - ensuring the work will sustain beyond the founders daily involvement
At our August meeting, we will begin focusing our integrity lens at that first question: Resourcing our work in a way that aligns with our values.
As always, we will use Catalytic Thinking to guide the conversation. - in the planning and the execution of that plan. And also as always, you are invited to have your voice be part of this conversation, in whatever way you feel comfortable (see the various ways you can participate below).
How to Prepare
First, let us know if you plan to attend by sending a note at this link. Per the "How to participate" section below, please let us know which of the 3 ways you would like to participate.
Second, if you are not familiar with Catalytic Thinking or the Integrity functions of our board, the following will be helpful:
For those who think visually, this PDF graphic of the Catalytic Thinking Framework will give you an understanding of the flow of the conversation. For those who work best with text, you can follow along with the questions that guide Catalytic Thinking at this link. We recommend having these pieces available during the meeting, to spark your thinking during the discussion.
To get a sense of the context of our Integrity Board, this post introduces our thinking about that.
3 Ways to participate
If you have never been part of Creating the Future's work, all our strategy and board meetings are open and participatory, for anyone who wants to be part of the discussion. You can see more about that at this link.
Where we meet:
The board meeting will take place right here at this post. If the video does not appear precisely on time, please be patient – we are probably just running a few minutes late.
There are 3 ways you can participate in our meetings.
- If your familiarity with and commitment to Creating the Future’s work - or your own experience with re-imagining organizational systems - is calling you to be actively involved in the meeting discussion side-by-side at our online “meeting table,” let us know, and we will send you an invitation to join us online.
- If you want to participate but are unable to be in the meeting itself (perhaps you’re at work, or maybe at home with kids running around, etc.), watch the live-stream in real time and tweet your questions and ideas to us via the hashtag #CreatingTheFuture. We read those tweets aloud during the meeting, just as if you were there. This is a great first step for those who are not as familiar with our work, but want to get more involved.
(Please note: We will only see your tweets if you use the #CreatingTheFuture hashtag. In addition, during the meeting, we will not look at blog comments here at this post. While we will check those comments later, during the meeting we will only be following the #CreatingTheFuture hashtag in the Twitter stream.)
- Lastly, if you want to simply watch, or you want to think about what you’re hearing and respond later – or if you will be watching the recording after the meeting happens – please add your thoughts into the comments here at this post. We will include that thinking into the mix of things.
We look forward to your being part of our discussion on Monday, August 9th!
* All Creating the Future's board meetings are open for anyone to participate, or to watch afterwards. To learn more about the thinking behind this openness - and our experiences with being open - click here.
Logistics: The meeting will happen right here at this post. Details are below.
Watch the meeting HERE on Monday
Note: if the meeting does not start on time please be patient as we may be running a few minutes late.