Experimenting on Your Own
(and Sharing Back What You’ve Learned)
What would it make possible for you, if you were experimenting with different ways to bring out the best in everyone you encounter?
Your family and friends.
Your exploration into new approaches is the reason we share so much information at our site. That information has been developed by people around the world sharing back what they’ve learned as they experiment with Catalytic Thinking in their own lives.
This page is an invitation for you to do the same: explore in your own life, and then become part of the larger experiment by closing the circle and sharing your stories with us.
What do we mean by experimenting and sharing back?
Creating the Future shares a lot of information that can help you in your own explorations. As you use that information to experiment in your day-to-day life, we are inviting you to share with us what you learn from that experience.
- Which questions work for you in which circumstances?
- Which practices make sense to you in which ways?
- What is the result when you try different approaches, or blend them with approaches you have learned elsewhere?
By learning and practicing on your own, and then sharing with us what you’re learning, you will be adding to the collective wisdom about what brings out the best in people.
What’s in it for you to experiment as part of Creating the Future’s work?
Connecting with Creating the Future as you practice with Catalytic Thinking opens the door to
- learning what it takes to ask questions that bring out the best in yourself and those around you.
- connecting and learning with others who are also experimenting and learning
- reminders and thought starters to keep you moving forward
- the knowledge that you are contributing to wisdom that is making the world a more humane place for all of us
Who is this for? (And is that you?)
Participating in Creating the Future’s work in this way is for people who value…
- learning, stretching
- personal growth, taking baby steps or giant leaps outside the comfort zone
- contributing to creating a more humane, compassionate, joyful world
- cooperation and community
- strength-based work that builds collective strength from individual strength
- knowing they are part of something bigger than themselves
What does participating in this effort entail?
This is one of the most informal aspects of Creating the Future’s work. Here’s what we ask of you:
- Let us know you’re experimenting. That is as easy as filling in the form at the bottom of this page.
- From time to time, we will remind you to check in and let us know what you’re learning. We’ll also share some reflection questions that can help move your thinking along.
- When / if you’re done, share what you’ve learned!
Sharing what you’ve learned could take many forms – from a short note answering a few questions to a blog post or video at our site. The “how” is up to you!
We look forward to hearing from you, and learning from what you are learning!