Introduction to Catalytic Thinking
Rethinking Plans, Goals, and Strategies
to Create What is Possible -
a Better Future than our Past
Are your plans, strategies, and decisions creating visionary results?
• Group decisions…
• Individual decisions…
• Ideas, Plans, and Strategies…
• Personal goals, Organizational goals, Business goals, Community goals…
To achieve visionary results,
You must ask visionary questions.
Catalytic Thinking is a framework of Questions that will aim you towards the best possible outcomes, creating what is possible.
Because decisions and plans are actually the answers to QUESTIONS!
• If you've ever felt like no matter what you try, nothing will ever change…
• If you are curious why some people are able to accomplish the seemingly impossible…
• If you wonder why ideas and strategies you thought were spot on lead to less-than-great results…
It’s not you. It’s the questions we’ve all been taught to ask.
Changing those questions will change your decisions – and your results!
What is this Class? Who is it for?
This self-paced class is for anyone looking for more consistently powerful results from the decisions and plans you make - in your business, your community organization, your government office, your neighborhood or your life. If you are looking to create what is possible rather than simply reacting to problems, this class is for you.
The class will introduce you to Catalytic Thinking, the cause-and-effect framework that provides direct access to your brain’s higher functions of wisdom and creativity, creating a step-by-step path towards the future you want. (Curious about how it works? Watch this short video.)
The class will first introduce you to the science behind making visionary decisions and plans.
Then the class will guide you through a series of questions that lead to the best possible results.
Through the video lessons and the dozens of pages of worksheets and study guides, you will begin to see in a whole new way. And you will immediately begin asking different questions, to create dramatically different results.
All at your own pace...
• Watch the Video Lessons
• Read the Study Guide
• Use the practice worksheets to think about how the lessons apply to your own situations
What You'll Learn
• How to move from reacting to creating (and how many of your decisions are more reactive than you think)…
• What brain science tells us about visionary planning and decision-making...
• The science and mathematics of powerful decision-making (yes, mathematics!)…
• What it takes for your plans and strategies to be more inclusive...
• Why huge programs like the War on Poverty / the War on Terror / the War on Drugs could never create the results we really want (and what will create those results)…
• The real cause of unintended consequences – and what you can do to prevent many of them…
• Why so many planning conversations land in the weeds – and how to keep conversations creative, energized, and moving forward…
• How to take control of cause-and-effect (vs. being whipsawed by circumstances)…
• Why people don’t buck systems, even when the systems make no sense…
• What leads to discussions that build consensus, agreement and energy, building upon the wisdom of everyone in the room…
• How to set the stage for powerful results to naturally fall into place…
This Class Includes...
2 hours of video class time, plus an audio-only version of the main lecture video (For a lesson-by-lesson description, see the right-hand side of this page)
To help embed your learning, while you watch or as a “quiz” after you’ve finished each lesson
Assemble the Study Guides and Key Slides into a workbook you can refer to over and over
Our faculty will answer any question that can be answered in just a few minutes, to help as you implement what you are learning.
Welcome and Introduction to the Class
Introduction to Catalytic Thinking, the framework into which the practice of Catalytic Decision-making fits
How to Create the Future: Overview and Stories of Catalytic Decision-making in Action
Introduction to Catalytic Decision-making
The Causality of Decision-making
The Brain Science of Decision-making
The Mathematics of Decision-making
The Power of Systems (and why we go along with systems, even when they make no sense)
Diving in to Catalytic Decision-making
Reacting vs. Creating: It’s about the PEOPLE
Reaching for the Highest Potential Outcome
Creating Conditions for Success
Catalytic Decision-making in Every Part of Your Life
In the spirit of Collective Enoughness - that together we have everything we need - YOU will determine the tuition for this click-and-play class!
On the registration form, you’ll see what the tuition was for this class before we changed to a Pay-What-You-Can format. You will also see the ability to choose a different amount that is entirely up to you.
“No less than you believe it’s worth,
and no more than you can afford.”
~ Gayle Valeriote, founding board member, Creating the Future
No one will be turned away.
Because we never want money to stand between you and learning approaches that will help to create a more humane, healthy future for our world.
If you don't find value in this class, we'll refund your registration.
Once you register, classes are viewable at your own pace, whenever you choose to watch and as many times as you’d like. And you will have lifetime access to all aspects of the class.
When does the class start?
Your class is available right now! Once you register, classes are viewable at your own pace, whenever you choose to watch and as many times as you’d like. And you will have lifetime access to all those aspects of the class.
Can I access the class on my phone?
• All video aspects of this class are accessible on mobile devices, laptop and desktop computers.
• All documents are in PDF format. Any of your devices that can read a PDF will read the workbook and worksheets.
Is there a live component to the class?
Every few months, Creating the Future offers live Q&A sessions for individuals who have taken our self-paced classes. Watch for invitations to those sessions in your email (and please be sure we have your current email address!).