Listening that brings out the potential in yourself and those around you
All communication starts with listening.
Listening is where it all begins…
- Stronger connections
- More understanding / less miscommunication
- More trust and intimacy
- Getting beyond assumptions and biases
- Becoming a more effective leader, parent, partner, friend
We all know a great listener when we encounter them. We feel understood, heard, trusted.
What does it take to be the kind of listener who brings out the best in everyone you encounter?
Catalytic Listening moves beyond “active listening.”
What makes Catalytic Listening “catalytic” is the ability to hear and respond to the potential in any conversation - the strengths, aspirations, and deeply held values that people are already sharing, that we are just not noticing.
- If you’ve ever wanted to help people get beyond focusing on what's wrong, to find their own wisdom and see what is possible...
- If you’ve ever felt misunderstood when all you were trying to do was help - scratching your head and wondering, “What just happened here…?”
- If you want to get beyond your own biases, assumptions, preconceptions (and help others do the same)…
- If you’ve ever thought to yourself, “If you didn’t want my advice, why did you ask for it?”
- And if you want approaches you can try right now, immediately stepping into your own best self...
Keep reading. Because Catalytic Listening can help you break through old communications patterns, to create more meaningful connection with everyone you encounter.
What is this Class? Who is it for?
This self-paced class is for anyone looking to take your communications skills to the next level – for your work life or your personal life.
The class will introduce you to a practice for accessing the brain’s capacity for connection and wisdom – for yourself and those around you.
You will first be introduced to the science behind listening that catalyzes the potential in yourself and the person you’re listening to.
From there, the class will guide you to immediately put that theory into practice.
Whether you are considered a great listener already, or you find yourself struggling, often feeling misunderstood as you communicate with friends and colleagues (especially when you’re trying to help them!), Catalytic Listening will walk you through a way of listening for what is powerful, what is possible, what is important.
As you start thinking about listening in a whole new way, you will immediately begin stepping into your potential to bring out the best in yourself and those around you.
Click on the Class Details below for more information!
What You'll Learn:
- The brain science of what is happening when listening feels smooth and joyful (and when it feels clunky or out-of-sync)
- How to help people feel safe to trust, just by how you listen
- How to get beyond miscommunication and frustrating conversations
- How to avoid the Dance of Advice (and what to do instead that is WAY more powerful)
- What “good listeners” do that the rest of us don’t do (and what you can do about that!)
- The one question that unlocks great conversation
- How to quiet fears and create conditions for people's wisdom and creativity
- How to hear the powerful things people are already telling us that we are just not trained to hear
- How to find the real issue in any conflict
- How to lead high-potential conversations with groups when you have no positional authority
- And so much more!
This Class Includes...
• Almost 2 hours of video classes to watch at your own pace, taught by instructors who practice Catalytic Listening in every aspect of their daily lives.
• Study Guide with worksheets and thought-starters, to help embed your learning, while you watch or as a “quiz” after you’ve finished.
• Copies of key slides from the videos
• Additional readings - articles that go deeper into aspects of Catalytic Listening
Our faculty will answer any question that can be answered in just a few minutes, to help as you implement what you are learning.
In the spirit of Collective Enoughness - that together we have everything we need - YOU will determine the tuition for this webinar!
On the registration form, you’ll see a "suggested" tuition. You will also see the ability to choose a different amount that is entirely up to you.
“No less than you believe it’s worth,
and no more than you can afford.”
~ Gayle Valeriote, founding board member, Creating the Future
No one will be turned away.
Because we never want money to stand between you and learning approaches that will help to create a more humane, healthy future for our world.