2013 Program Successes
Exempt Purpose and Mission Statement:
Creating the Future envisions communities where people are living well, individually and collectively.
To reach for that vision, our 10 year mission is to change the questions embedded in the day-to-day work of individuals and organizations, so that everyone naturally brings out the best in each other and in our world.
Through the four pillars of our mission, Creating the Future furthered its mission of ensuring that changemakers are asking the questions that empower them to make a significant difference in the their communities.
Research & Development
- Making Change Podcast w/ Chronicle of Philanthropy interviewing change leaders about factors that create change
- Radical openness and accountability -- began holding all meetings online for anyone to watch and participate via Twitter (#CTFuture)
- Expanded webinars through partners organizations (NTEN, PANO, GrantStation)
- Developed and presented mini-webinar FlashClasses
- Presented session at BoardSource conference on extreme accountability
- Taught five day immersion for on-the-ground changemakers
- Taught five day immersion for consultants to Community Benefit Organizations
- Faculty development work to prepare faculty to teach on behalf of Creating the Future
- By opening all meetings, demonstrated that openness is possible and positive, and demonstrated the content as a learning opportunity (branding, resource development, governance, ect.)
- Began work on demonstration project with Pennsylvania Associates of Nonprofits re: joint conference in April 2014
- Through open meetings, brought people into conversations during those meetings
- Consultant learning community on Facebook tripled from 100 to 300 members
- #NPCons Twitter chat added new facilitators and participants
- Facilitated in-person community conversation gatherings in Southern Ontario and Vancouver
In 2013, in all four areas of our mission, we accomplished much. To learn even more how we helped change makers ask questions that will change the world, see the video's below.
The first half of this video reviews what Creating the Future accomplished in the five years between 2009-2013, with great emphasis on the work that was accomplished in 2013.
The second half of the video sets the stage for 2014 and beyond.
For 2013 specifically, watch from approx. 8:30 to 19:00.